Sunday, April 3, 2011

Java Roast



Once again a recipe I found online. As much as I love the smell of coffee, I hate the taste. I never was and am not now a coffee drinker. Corey drinks coffee every morning and sometimes in the evening. So there is always coffee in the apartment. Since this recipe didn't call for a huge amount of coffee, I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. I didn't have a coffee taste at all. While cooking I could smell the onions and peppers with a hint of coffee. But once you add the cream cheese there is no coffee taste. So even if you don't like coffee, give this one a try.

Java Roast

3 Lb chuck roast, trimmed of fat
3/4 cup brewed coffee
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 tsp garlic powder, or 4 to 5 cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
4 oz cream cheese

Add everything except cream cheese to crock pot. Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat. Cut cream cheese into small cubes. Stir into mixture.

**I just sliced my onion and pepper. I didn't have a red pepper, so used a small yellow and small green pepper that I had on hand.
**I minced my garlic cloves
**Corey doesn't like mushrooms, so I omitted them.
**I served this with potatoes that I wrapped in foil and cooked right on top of the meat in the crock pot. I cut a few pats of butter and used a little salt and Italian seasoning on them before wrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment