Monday, April 4, 2011

Grilled Cube Steak Roll Ups



Surprise, surprise, I found this recipe online. This one came from http://www.amandascookin.com/. This one was easier then I thought it would be. I read over the instructions and thought they sounded easy, but more work then I wanted to put in. I saved the recipe anyway because it sounded good. I read over the instructions a couple more times and decided they weren't complicated at all. The flavor was excellent. The marinade would be great on, I would say, any other meat also.

Grilled Cube Steak Roll Ups

4 or 5 pieces cubed steaks
marinade (recipe follows)
2 oz cream cheese, softened
4 to 5 pieces bacon, raw
1 sprig fresh parsley with stem, minced

Marinade

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
6 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp crushed, dried rosemary
3 Tbsp your favorite steak seasoning
3 Tbsp A1 sauce

For the marinade, put all ingredients in a blender and puree. Pour over meat for 2 to 24 hours. When ready preheat grill on high with lid closed. Remove meat from marinade, place on paper towels to drain. Warm cream cheese in microwave a few seconds. (Very soft like a runny frosting). Combine with parsley . Spread thin layer over one side of meat. Starting with short end, roll up meat. Spirally wrap a slice of bacon around the roll. Secure with a couple toothpicks. Turn grill to medium. Sear each side for a few minutes. Heat to low. Continue to grill about 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.

**I didn't have fresh parsley so I used a couple pinches of dried.
**I don't have an outdoor grill. I lined a baking pan with foil. Put the steaks seam side down in the pan. I baked them at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. Them put them on my Foreman grill for about 10 minutes. Corey likes his meat well done. If you don't like well done drop the time back to your desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment