Thursday, April 7, 2011

Olive Garden Tuscan Garlic Chicken



This is a recipe right off the restaurants website. It is from http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp?id=99. It is pretty easy to make. I usually do a lot of one pan meals. This is NOT one. I used three pans and a sheet pan for this meal. However it was worth the extra dishes to wash. You could turn it into a two pan meal if you cook your chicken in a deep skillet. Then you could just give it a wipe before making the sauce in it. As I said in a previous post, I am not much of a pasta eater. And I dislike, would say hate but that sounds a bit harsh, spinach. Anyway, I did give it a try. It was pretty good. Corey loved it. In my opinion it could use a little more garlic.

Tuscan Garlic Chicken

4 (4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups + 1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 Lb fettuccine pasta, cooked
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 red pepper, julienned
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 Lb whole leaf spinach, stemmed
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in shallow dish. Dredge chicken in mixture, shake off extra. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in large skillet. Cook breasts over medium heat until brown and crisp (2 to 3 minutes). Add more oil if necessary. Place on baking sheet into oven. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, to 165 degrees. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in sauce pan. Add garlic and red pepper, cook about one minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp flour, wine, spinach and cream, bring to a boil. Sauce is done when spinach has wilted. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Coat cooked, drained pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

**I cooked the chicken and put it on a sheet pan and set aside. I brought my pasta water up to a boil. I then started my sauce. Once I put the pasta in the water I put the chicken into the oven. The sauce was done a few minutes before the pasta and chicken. I set my timer for 15 minutes when I put the chicken into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment