Monday, April 25, 2011

Salsa Chicken and Ranch Florentine Tostadas

I found this recipe at picky-palate.com. It was really easy to make and tasted good. This only made enough for the two of us. But could easily be doubled. We ate the first ones like the recipe. I did not serve with salsa, there seemed to be enough on there. The flavor was good, but it was missing something. So when Corey wanted seconds I suggested going ahead and putting a bit more salsa and maybe some cheese. I didn't have any of the cheese blend I would normally use on something like this. I used a sprinkle of shredded Monterey Jack that I had left from another recipe. He said it was better with the added salsa and cheese.

Salsa Chicken and Ranch Florentine Tostadas

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts
2 Tbsp fresh, minced garlic
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp dry ranch seasoning
1/2 cup salsa
6 corn tortillas

Heat oil in medium pan over medium heat. Saute spinach until it wilts. Stir in chicken, garlic, cumin, salt, ranch and salsa. Cook about five minutes. Heat small skillet over medium heat. When hot add tortilla. Cook about 30 seconds, flip, cook another 30 seconds. When lightly brown remove. Cook all tortilla. Top with chicken mixture. Serve with salsa if desired.

**I used tostada shells. I heated the oven to 400 when I started cooking the chicken. When I removed the chicken from the pan I turned the oven off. I put the shells on a baking sheet. When the spinach was wilted I put the shells in the oven. Keep an eye on them they will only take a minute or the oil in them will make them burn.
**I did not chop the spinach just used the leaves whole.
**This is the ranch seasoning I used, but you could use the packets, just be sure you get the one that says seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment