Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spices

I don't have a new recipe to share today. Tonight Corey and I are having frozen pizza. I know, I should make my own, but I really like the ones I get at Aldi. Anyway I had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few odd items that Aldi doesn't carry. As I was putting some spices away I thought to myself that I have developed an addiction. I am for sure not afraid of spices. Even odd ones that are not common use I will buy if I find a recipe that calls for it. It's strange that I am so willing to try them. Growing up I think the only spices my mom used were chili powder, garlic salt, table salt and pepper. As you can see I have added lots of new spices to my cabinet since I have started trying new recipes.


The top shelf just has the few things you can see. Anyone that knows me knows I can't reach the top shelf. The middle shelf also just has the spices you can see. Behind them are a few things I don't use much but needed a place for them. That brings me to the bottom shelf. You can see the row across the front. Then you can see the row with the black lids in toward the back. However what you can't see is there is a row of shorter jars between those two rows. And then there is also a row in the back of tiny odd spices that don't get much use.

It's not just spices that I have added since my finding and trying new recipe adventure. I have another cabinet that now has five, yes five types of vinegar. And some random things for baking. Of course as much as I love to bake I have a cabinet with my baking stuff, sugar, powdered sugar, brown sugar, nuts, chocolate chips, pans, sprinkles, paper muffin cups, the list goes on. Thank goodness I have a closet that has been turned into a pantry or I wouldn't have any place for food.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the new 'as seen on tv' thing for spices? It's two columns with two shelves in each column and the columns pull out and then turn sideways to you can see everything in that row. It holds 20 spices and is about the size of a medium sized cereal box. Next time I see it on tv, I'll catch the real name. It's pretty cool looking, and my spice cabinet could use some help.

    ReplyDelete