Friday, April 22, 2011

Coconut Macaroons

This one is for Zane, my nephew. At Christmas he requested these. I told him I have never made them but would look for a recipe and give them a try. I found a recipe online at Annies-eats.net and them seemed super simple. Of course I don't live close enough to my family to just bake some up and take to him. This Sunday is Easter and my family is having dinner. So I thought this would be a good time to make these. They were super simple to make.

Coconut Macaroons

4 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cake flour
2 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract

In stainless bowl, over a pot of simmering water, whisk egg whites, sugar and salt. When mixture is warm to the touch, remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, flour and coconut. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, or until dough is firm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place small mounds, about one tablespoon, on the sheets, space several inches apart. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on sheets for about 10 minutes. Move to wore rack to cool completely.



**I didn't have cake flour. So put 1 Tbsp cornstarch in my 1/2 cup measuring cup. Then filled the rest the way with all purpose flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment