Monday, April 11, 2011

Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans



Guess the name about says it all. But I'm gonna tell you how I do it my way. This is a one pan, really easy, few ingredients meal. It is another as much or as little as you want sort of thing. It is great rewarmed for a next day lunch also. I always make a lot for just that reason.

Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans

Heat a large skillet. Cut some bacon, about three to five slices cut into bite size pieces. Chop a medium sized onion into as large or as small of pieces that you like, throw into the pan. Peel and dice your potatoes. Once again as many as you would like. At this point I add a little salt and pepper and some Italian seasoning. Cover and let cook about fifteen to twenty minutes are so. Be should to stir occasionally. Slice your sausage into bite size pieces and add to pan. Stir in with the potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are done. Add green beans and stir in with other ingredients. They will only take a couple minutes to heat.

**If you don't want to use bacon just use a couple pats of butter in the pan so help brown the potatoes. You could also use bacon bits. If you use bacon bits you may need a little butter since they won't put off the grease to help fry.
**Corey and I both like onion so I use a medium sized one. You could use as much or as little as you desire. I cut mine into nice sized pieces, but cut them as big or as small as you prefer.
**I used all beef sausage, but use whatever smoked sausage you like.
**I use two cans of green beans, but once again it is your choice. Add one can then see if that is enough for your liking.
**And finally, a twist on this recipe. Make it in the crock pot. Throw everything into the crock pot. Cover with water and cook several hours until the potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment