Sunday, April 17, 2011

Breakfast / Lunch

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But when the alarm goes off at 4:30 am, breakfast is not on your mind. Of course then the snooze is hit a few times. Finally at 5:30 am , no more snoozing gotta get up and get going. What makes matters worse is I don't sleep well at night. I finally get to sleep around 2 or 3 am, so when the alarm goes off I just want to throw it across the room.

But I do get up because I know once Corey is out the door I can go back to sleep. But in the time from me finally getting out of bed until Corey leaves I cook breakfast. Since I also make his lunch in this time also, breakfast needs to be quick.

Here are a few things I do to make my mornings easier.

Breakfast

Corey is on a pancake thing right now. So at night before I go to bed I make up some batter and put it in the fridge for the next morning. I keep it in a small bowl with a lid. When I make it a make it a little runnier then I want it. By morning it is fine. Just give it a stir and it is ready to go.

**You could also cook up several pancakes and freeze them. Cook them and let them completely cool. Wrap them tightly in saran before freezing. Wrap them into the serving sizes you need.

Bacon is an every morning item here. In the evenings I will take the package of bacon and cut it in half. I have a Tupperware bacon holder with a lid. I cook the bacon to just shy of being done. I put a paper towel in the bacon holder. Then put the bacon in. In the morning all I have to do is put it in the microwave about 45 seconds, done.

Corey wants his coffee every morning. Before bed I also set up the coffee pot. Filter, coffee and water. The next morning just hit the start button.


Lunches

Corey takes his lunch to work most days. Sometimes they will order for delivery, but not very often. So this is what I take care of right after making his breakfast. He always wants the same thing everyday. He wants one sandwich with a couple kinds of meat, a slice of cheese, a little mayo or mustard and lettuce, if we have any. A small bowl of chips, two granola bars, two drinks, usually iced tea or a soda. Sometimes an extra snack, donut, candy, gum, basically a little sugar boost. And finally his water bottle, but not with water. He drinks an invisible Kool-Aid at work. So the night before I make this Kool-Aid and freeze it in his water bottle. I fill it not quite to the top. Then in the morning I fill it the rest of the way up with his drink. Then just pack up his stuff and off he goes. And off I get back to bed.

**I get his bowl of chips ready the night before. I also lay out his extras.
**His canned drinks I keep in the fridge. When I start making breakfast I put them in the freezer. I don't put ice packs in his lunch, his drinks keep things cold.





No comments:

Post a Comment