Friday, April 8, 2011

Red Wine Balsamic Grilled Chicken




I found this recipe online, of course. I wasn't sure about it. Having two kinds of vinegar made me think the flavor would be funky tasting. But since I was set on trying new things I decided to give it a go. I have never used red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. It is another very easy marinate the chicken and grill it. I was running behind this afternoon so only got to marinate it for an hour. It had some of the flavor, but not enough. So if you try this one I would suggest marinating it for at least a few hours.

Red Wine Balsamic Grilled Chicken

4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
juice from half a lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper

Pound chicken to uniform thickness, about an inch thick. Place in large deep dish. Top with remaining ingredients. With tongs flip and move around to coat evenly. Cover and put in fridge for one hour to overnight. Bring to room temperature. Grill about 10 minutes. Rest 3 to 5 minutes before cutting.

**I served mine with some mixed vegetables. It was an excellent combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment