Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crispy Seasoned French Fries



I was doing a recipe search for homemade seasoned fries. A link was listed for another recipe at http://allrecipes.com/. I looked over that recipe, it sounded good, had great reviews and I could have stopped there. However, I noticed another recipe that had a picture, so I clicked on it. It was for this recipe. It also had good reviews. This recipe was a little different then the rest. They are a batter dipped fry. I tried them tonight. They turned out really good.

Crispy Seasoned French Fries

2 1/2 Lbs Russets, peeled and cut into fries
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup water, or as needed
1 cup vegetable oil, for frying

After slicing potatoes, place in cold water so they don't turn brown. Heat oil in large skillet over medium/high heat. While oil is heating, sift dry ingredients into large bowl. Gradually stir in water until mixture can be drizzled with a spoon. Dip potatoes, one at a time, into batter, then oil. Don't let them touch at first or they will clump together. Fry to desired crispiness. Drain on a paper towel.

**I thought cutting them into a fry shape it would take forever to dip them one at a time. So I used my crinkle cutter. Call me lazy, cause not only did I crinkle cut them, I didn't peel them.

No comments:

Post a Comment