Monday, March 21, 2011

Savory Marinade




This is another recipe I found at http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/. I used it on chicken breasts. But as soon as I took the first bite I could taste it on a steak. It is really good. This is a for sure keeper. I have enough left that I may make some steaks with it next week.

Savory Marinade

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 - 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (1 for chicken, 2 for pork or beef)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp veg salt or salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbsp poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp garlic puree or garlic powder
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme (optional)

Put all in jar with tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Don't worry if have mayo lumps, will dissolve. Make small slits in meat. Put meat in zip top bag or plastic container with lid. Pout over just enough marinade to cover meat. Marinate in fridge 6 to 8 hours, ( or longer). Grill about 10 to 20 minutes, until done, lightly brown. Extra marinade will keep in fridge.

**If you don't have something with a lid that you can get a good shake on. I would suggest putting it all in a blender and working it through. Then oil seemed to separate quickly. But once I got it blended good it was fine.
**I cooked my chicken about ten minutes, it was perfect.
**This would be great on steak served with a nice bake potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment