Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cuban Flank Steak Marinade




This is another recipe that I found at http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/. It is a marinade recipe. I thought with Cuban in the name it would be a little spicy. It was good, but not spicy at all. Next time I will add a little more hot sauce.

Cuban Flank Steak Marinade

1 to 3 pound flank steak
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground chipotle powder OR hot sauce
2 tsp lime zest (optional)

Combine all in zip top bag. Add meat, seal and put in fridge all day, up to 24 hours. Bring meat to room temperature before grilling. Grill about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Rest about 5 minutes before cutting.

**I served this with loaded crash potatoes **recipe follows
**I didn't use a flank steak, just some small steaks that were on sale at my grocery
**I cut small slits down the meat to help the marinade soak into the meat. I marinated it in a shallow bowl. I flipped the meat after several hours. I used a fork and poked additional holes randomly on the meat.

Crashed Potatoes

Start them just as if making baked potatoes. I cook mine in my Pampered Chef Micro-cooker. Once they are tender enough, put them on a baking sheet and smash them. I use a small salad plate and press on them. I put a little butter on the top. Put them in the oven at 450 degrees for about half hour. Can serve at this point. To make them loaded add your favorite cheese, and put back in oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Add some crumbled bacon (or bacon bits), and sour cream. Could also top with some green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment