Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3 Packet Roast






I found this recipe online. It sounded really good, which it was. It only has five ingredients, so super easy. Corey said it was a little spicy but really tasty.

3 Packet Roast

3 Lb chuck roast
1 to 3 cups water
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet ranch dressing mix (make sure you get dressing NOT dip)
1 packet McCormick's Grill Mates Peppercorn and Garlic.

In small bowl combine the 3 packets. Trim roast and put in crock pot. Pour packets mixture over meat. Turn meat several times to coat all sides. Add ONE cup water. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours. About 20 to 30 minutes before serving add two cups warm water. Flip to high for last half hour.

**I combined the packets in a bowl big enough for the roast and coated the meat in the bowl not in the crock pot.
**I cut a few potatoes into wedges and threw right on top. I also added some baby carrots and an onion.
**When I went back to add the other two cups of water, there was enough juice that everything was covered so I did not add any more water.
**I also did not flip it to high for the last half hour and it was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment