Saturday, February 26, 2011

Low Sugar Teriyaki Chicken



I found this recipe at this site, http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/01/weekend-herb-blogging-14.html. It was a very easy recipe. I would be great with some stir fry vegetables or rice. As you can see I served my with broccoli, which was an excellent side also.

Low sugar Teriyaki Chicken

4 well trimmed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1 Tbsp ginger puree or fresh grated ginger
1 Tbsp garlic puree or fresh garlic, finely diced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put everything except meat in small sauce pan, simmer about 15 minutes. Until reduced by 1/3 to 1/2. Cut small slits in chicken. Choose smallest casserole dish that fits chicken in single layer. Place chicken in, slit side down. Pour about 1/3 sauce over top. Cover with foil and bake about 25 minutes. Turn meat over. Use pastry brush to brush sauce over meat. Cook 20 to 25 minutes more, basting every five minutes. If want to serve extra juice simmer for a few minutes.

**I only used about 1/8 cup sugar. But did use the brown sugar.
**I poured all the sauce over meat before putting in the oven. When I served it, I spooned some of the juice from the pan over top.


No comments:

Post a Comment