Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bulgogi



I have never heard of this recipe. A couple of the things I look for before trying a new recipe are easy instructions with few ingredients. This recipe fit both for me. I always have most of these ingredients on hand. The only thing I had to buy special were the green onions and the meat.

Bulgogi

1 1/2 Lb top sirloin or a tender steak, sliced thin
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4-6 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper

Brown the sesame seeds in about 1/2 tsp butter. Stir constantly, let cool. Crush in a zip top bag. Combine with remaining ingredients, excluding meat, and mix well. Add meat and marinate at least one hour.

Remove from marinade. Stir fry on high heat. Once cooked, transfer to plate. Pour left over marinade into pan and simmer about 10 minutes, until thickens. Add meat back to sauce and heat through. Serve over rice.

**Was a little sweet. Next time I will only use about half the sugar.
**I served with a stir fry mixed vegetables with rice blend from my local supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment