Saturday, February 5, 2011

Meatball Ziti

















This is a recipe I found online. When I saved it I wrote Kalynskitchen.blogspot.com on my recipe card. However, I can't find the page it is on to give you a link.

Anyway, this is sort of a two part meal. Making the meatballs and then making the actual meal. Being as there is only two in my household this made way too much. Next time I will half the recipe. I ate a couple of the meatballs before mixing them with anything, they would be great on spaghetti. Or even use this recipe to make a meatloaf.

Meatballs

1 Lb ground chuck
1 Lb ground veal
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl mix all. Roll into balls about two inches in diameter. Place in shallow baking sheet, lined with foil. Bake about thirty minuted, until brown.

**I used two pounds of ground chuck and omitted the veal.
**I used dried parsley, 1/4 cup.

Meatball Ziti

1 batch meatballs
1 Lb ziti, cooked to Al Dente
6 cups fresh marinara, or two jars sauce
1 (2Lb) tub whole milk ricotta
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated Romano cheese
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, sliced in thin pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break up meatballs into bite sized pieces, set aside. In large bowl combine sauce, ricotta, and half of the other cheeses, mix well. Add cooked pasta and meatballs, toss together. In large greased baking dish, pour in pasta mixture. Sprinkle top with rest of mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano. Dot with butter. Cook about 40 minutes, until brown and bubbly.

**Some of the bigger meatballs I cut in half. I made about half of them small to start with, so left them as is.
**I did not have ziti, I used Penne instead, it worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment