Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slow Cooker Orange Beef




I found this recipe online, are you surprised by that. I made it once before, Corey and I really liked it. It has Bok Choy in it. The first time I made it I was unsure what Bok Choy was. I Googled it. For those who have no idea, it is a Chinese cabbage. However it isn't in a round head like you would think. It is in stalks like celery, but with large leaves at the top.





Slow Cooker Orange Beef

1 1/2 Lb beef round steak, sliced or stir fry strips
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp ground ginger
3 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup orange juice
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
6 green onions, sliced
1 small head bok choy, cut into 1 inch chunks

Marinate meat over night with sauce ingredients, soy sauce, honey, ginger and orange juice. Dump marinated meat and sauce into crock pot. Add vegetables and cook on low six to seven hours, or on high three to four hours. Serve over cooked rice. Top with juice from crock pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment