Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken / Honey Mustard Dressing






I had made this recipe before. I served it with some vegetables, or maybe rice, I can't remember. Corey mentioned he would like it on a salad. So, that is what I made for dinner. I also made some homemade honey mustard dressing. I used white wine. I am not a wine drinker so it tasted off to me after making. However after sitting in the fridge for a few hours it tasted great.

Honey Mustard Chicken

1 Lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp water

In medium bowl whisk all but chicken, set aside. Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over high heat about one minute. Reduce heat to medium/high. Mist pan with cooking spray, saute chicken about five minutes, until cooked through. Add mixture and saute about three minutes.

Honey Mustard Dressing

5 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar*

Combine all and whisk until smooth.
*Can use apple cider vinegar or white wine instead of rice wine vinegar.


No comments:

Post a Comment