Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mustard Chicken




This is another recipe that I found at http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/. I cut it in half, except the chicken, which I only used two pieces. I also did not half the Dijon mustard. It was not done on purpose, but I think next time I make it I will not half the Dijon again. It had a really good flavor. I also did not whisk the pan extras, I just spooned some over the top just as it was. I think this is for sure a keeper. The chicken was very tender. I served this with some fried potatoes. But would go nicely with any vegetable.

Mustard Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
poultry seasoning, used before browning

Sauce

1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
chopped parsley for garnish (optional)

Trim all fat from meat. Cut small slits down the chicken. Season with poultry seasoning on both sides. Heat oil in frying pan, large enough for single layer of meat. Cook about 4 minutes, lightly brown. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on second side. Mis all the sauce ingredients, whisk to combine. Do this while meat is cooking. Lower heat and pour sauce over. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Whisk sauce until smooth. Spoon a little sauce over chicken on plate. Garnish with parsley if desired.

**Half recipe
4 breasts
1/2 to 1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 cup chicken stock

**I did not use light mayo or sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment