Monday, June 6, 2011

Italian Soup

My mom gave me this recipe. I have no idea where she got it from. It is a really simple throw in the pot meal. She thinks my dad is too picky and doesn't like anything. She made sure to tell me even he likes it so I know it is good. Corey's first reaction was "Whoa this is good". And my opinion is it is good.

Italian Soup

1 Lb ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 packet 90 second cook time,Uncle Ben's long grain rice, prepared
1 jar Ragu Garden Blend pasta sauce
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth
2 cups total red, green, and yellow bell peppers

Brown beef with onion and peppers. Prepare rice per package. Combine all in pot and heat through.

**I used a large onion, Corey likes lots of onion
**The Uncle Ben's that I used was the long grain and wild with seasonings. Mom says she just uses a cup and a half of Minute Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment