Sunday, June 19, 2011

Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

With the recipe today I got to try a few new things. I have never had enchiladas, so of course have never had the green sauce. And I have also never had jalapeno jack cheese. This is for sure a keeper. Six ingredients, quick to make, very tasty.

Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups chopped or shredded chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cups grated jalapeno jack cheese
16 oz green chile enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray. Combine chicken, onion, tomatoes, cheese and half the sauce in large bowl. Place tortilla in plastic bag, microwave about 1 minute and 15 seconds, or until soft and pliable. Spread 1/4 cup mixture down center of each tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down in baking dish. Spray with non stick spray to keep moist. Stir other half of sauce into remaining mixture and pour down center of enchiladas. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

**I couldn't find a 16 ounce can/jar of the sauce. I had two 10 ounce can instead. I only used half on one of the cans. I think one can would have been plenty though. I thought the mixture was a little runny. Next time I think I will only use one can. **Corey doesn't like tomatoes. I left it out of the mixture. I only added it to a few of them before rolling. As I placed them in the pan I put a little piece of tomato on top to mark the ones with it added.

No comments:

Post a Comment