Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Broiled Salmon with Herbed Mustard Glaze

This is another recipe I found when searching for fish recipes for Corey. This one is from foodnetwork.com. It comes from Giada De Laurentiis. It calls for a mini processor to break down and mix the ingredients. Of course I don't have one of those. I thought I would throw it in the blender and get the same final product. Of course the amount of ingredients are so little the blade wasn't doing anything. So I grabbed my stick blender, put the mixture in a small bowl and gave it a mix. I would suggest if you don't have a mini processor or stick blender, and a really small bowl so that the blades do their job, pass on this one until you can get proper equipment.

In the end it all worked out. Corey said it was delicious. He also said it was better then any fish he has ever had in a restaurant. So I guess that makes it a keeper. Guess it also means I need to invest in a mini processor.

Broiled Salmon with Herbed Mustard Glaze

2 garlic cloves
3/4 tsp finely chopped fresh Rosemary leaves
3/4 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 Tbsp dry white wine
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
nonstick olive oil cooking spray
6 (6 to 8 oz) salmon fillets
salt
freshly ground pepper
6 lemon wedges

In a mini processor, combine garlic, Rosemary, thyme, wine, oil, Dijon and 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard. Grind mustard sauce until combined, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl. Add remaining tablespoon of whole grain mustard to the sauce, stir to combine. Set aside sauce. Preheat broiler. Line a heavy rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non stick spray. Arrange salmon fillets on sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 2 minutes. Spoon the mustard sauce over the fillets. Continue broiling until the fillets are just cooked through and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate and serve with lemon wedge.

**I cooked mine about 7 or 8 minutes, Corey likes everything a little over done.
**I used dried herbs, so used 3/8 tsp of Rosemary and thyme.
**I didn't have any white wine so substituted water.

No comments:

Post a Comment