Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sloppy Joes 2

I have posted a recipe for Sloppy Joes before. It was good but when I found this one I wanted to give it a try too. This one is from bakerlady.wordpress.com. It was very simple and tasty. The ingredients were things most people have on hand. I used my Pampered Chef Micro Cooker to make mine. I put the meat, onion, and bell pepper in the cooker. Cooked and drained the meat. Then added the other ingredients. Using a fork to break up the meat and combine the ingredients. Then put back in microwave about one and a half minutes. I served them with tator tots.

Sloppy Joes

1 Lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 tsp brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

In medium skillet, over medium heat, brown beef with onion and green pepper. Drain. Stir in garlic powder, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar, mix thoroughly. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment