Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry

I found this recipe at picky-palate.com. It is a very simple recipe with only a few ingredients. I have had this recipe written down for a while now. I couldn't find the noodles. There is a Wal-Mart about 20 seconds from me, they didn't carry them. I drove to the next nearest grocery store and their aisle was bare. So I pushed this recipe to the back of the menu and waited until I made out another menu. Finally made it to the grocery that carried them and they had two packs this time, so I grabbed one. Luckily this is also the store where I buy my frozen vegetables so picked those up this trip also.

If you are going to try this recipe let me warn you about the noodles, they are super skinny. You will need a strainer with really little holes so that you don't lose your noodles. They are also very sticky after they are cooked.


Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry

1 pack Wel Pac Chuka Soba Stir fry noodles
3 to 4 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
3 to 4 cups stir fry vegetable mix
2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce

Cook noodle per package, drain and set aside. Heat oil over medium heat. When hot, add vegetables. Cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium/low. Stir in chicken, noodles and sauces. Gently toss to combine. Serve with rice.

**She suggests serving with rice. In my opinion why serve with rice when you have all those noodles.
**I tasted it after combining, I don't think it had much flavor. I added two extra tablespoons of the teriyaki and soy sauces. You may want to give it a taste and add more if desired.
**Once again I must say I love my Pampered Chef Micro Cooker. I put my chicken in my cooker. Just covered with water and microwaved about 7 minutes. Drained the water, rinsed them off. Trimmed off the fat and shredded.

No comments:

Post a Comment