Thursday, June 16, 2011

Asian Grilled Salmon

Yes, another fish recipe. As much as I hate fish, Corey loves it. I'm trying hard to eat less red meat and more chicken. But he wants more fish, so I make fish to keep him happy. This one comes from foodnetwork.com, from Barefoot Contessa. I don't have an outdoor grill so cooked it on my Foreman. I tasted the marinade before putting it on the fish. It had a unique flavor. Corey said it gets five out of five stars. That it was delicious.

Asian Grilled Salmon

1 side fresh salmon, boned but skin on (about 3 pounds)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp soy sauce
6 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Light charcoal briquettes in a grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to keep salmon from sticking. While grill is heating, lay salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle half the marinade over the salmon and allow to sit 10 minutes. Place skin side down on hot grill, discard marinade the fish was in. Grill 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness. Turn carefully and grill another 4 to 5 minutes. The salmon will be slightly raw in the center, but will keep cooking as it sits. Transfer fish to plate, skin side down.. Spoon the rest of the marinade over top. Rest for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and serve warm, or at room temperature, or chilled.

**I did not use salmon, I used white fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment