Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sundae Cupcakes

Well I blew my diet yesterday. I "like" Yummly on Facebook. They are a recipe site. They posted these about a month ago. I saw them and thought they looked cute. They have been in the back of my mind since to make them. I finally made them yesterday. I kept telling myself not to eat one. But Corey had one and said it was delicious. Since he will always tell me if something is nasty I can totally trust when he says it is good, it will be good. Anyway, I walked past the table they were on several times. Each time it was like they were just begging to be ate. So, I ate one!! And it was good. By time the evening was done, Corey had ate three of them.

They are a very simple recipe and easy decoration. However, I am not a decorator. And since I hate doing dishes, I did not pipe on the ganache, I just smeared it around on top. I didn't have any chocolate chips to melt for the chocolate drizzle. In the picture on the website they used colored sprinkles, I used some brown/chocolate ones I had on hand.

Sundae Cupcakes

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
4 1/2 Tbsp cocoa
2 sticks butter
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz white chocolate
8 oz heavy whipping cream

In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. In saucepan, melt butter, add cocoa. Stir together. Add boiling water, allow mixture to boil 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Pour over flour mixture and stir lightly to cool. In measuring cup, pour buttermilk and beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. Pour into paper lined cupcake tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

For white chocolate ganache, double boil white chocolate until fully melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Whip cream to soft peaks. Drizzle in the cooled white chocolate and whip to firm peaks. (You want this to be a pipeable consistency). Decorate with melted chocolate, sprinkles and cherries.

**If you are not into baking from scratch, a milk chocolate cake mix would work well for this cupcake. Then just decorate with the ganache and other toppings.
**http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Sundae-Cupcakes-Humboldt%20Fog-28804 This will take you to the page for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment