Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chulupas

I found this recipe at recipegirl.com. It is a very simple, quick meal. I didn't follow the recipe as written. I basically made a fajita filling first. I cooked some onions, red peppers and some thinly sliced steaks. I then lightly toasted the shells under the broiler. I spread some refried beans over the shells. Then put a little of the filling on. Then topped with cheese. I shred my own cheese. I used a blend of mozzarella and mild cheddar, with some oregano added in. I then put them back under the broiler for a couple minutes. Then a dollop of sour cream on top. Corey and I both just ripped them apart to eat. You could always use a pizza cutter and give them a couple slices if you wanted to be more proper about eating them. They were really good. They would be a quick snack for movie night or a slumber party. In those cases I would cut them into wedges for sharing.

Chalupas

non stick cooking spray
8 (6 inch) flour tortilla shells, or corn shells lightly fried first
2 cups refried beans
2 cups Monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
2 cups finely chopped lettuce (optional)
1 cup guacamole (optional)

Preheat broiler. Spray baking sheet with non stick spray. Place 4 tortilla on baking sheet and heat on center rack of oven for 4 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the shells. Spread each with 1/4 cup bean and 1/4 cup cheese blend. Bake until cheese is hot and bubbly, and shells are crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Repeat with remaining shells. Serve immediately, topping with salsa and sour cream. Add lettuce and guacamole, if desires. Crumble taco meat on top if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment