Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cream Cheese Mints

This is another recipe that I found at bakerlady.wordpress.com. This was one of those recipe that as I was making it I just kept thinking something is not right, this isn't gonna work. But, in the end it did come together just fine. I guess I just need more patience. As I was adding the powered sugar I just thought it was going to be way too dry. After a couple minutes it did come together. However, it never formed a ball. So once it mixed together and pushed itself against the side of the bowl I took it out and gently kneaded it. They were pretty minty, but good. I may try these again using another flavor of extract.

Cream Cheese Mints

3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp butter, softened
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
and color food coloring paste, optional

In a large bowl combine cream cheese and butter. Color as desired or leave white. Mix in extract. Add sugar until mixture forms a ball. Refrigerate 1 hour. Using a 1/4 tsp, drop onto waxed paper sprinkled with granulated sugar. Or roll in sugar first if desired. Let dry 3 to 4 hours on waxed paper. Depending on how big the mints are, it could take longer, up to overnight. Then freeze or refrigerate.

**I did not use a teaspoon for dropping them. I sprinkled a plastic cutting board with powered sugar and rolled them out. After they dried some I cut them. Be sure to wipe the knife often. After more drying, I flipped them over so the other side could dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment