Monday, June 13, 2011

Melt in Your Mouth Shortbread Cookies

Corey requested a shortbread cookies several month ago. I just sort of kept it in the back of my mind, but didn't search too hard for a recipe. I was actually looking for a recipe for something else when I stumbled upon this one. I found it at bakerlady.wordpress.com. She also has a recipe for a fudge frosting she used on her cookies. They only have four ingredients. And all things I have on hand. I was making them to take to my sister's house. Corey ate a couple that wouldn't fit into the bowl I was using. He tried to talk me into leaving them home for him. At my sister's house, her friend had a couple and complimented me on them. I didn't use the fudge on the ones I made. I did however sprinkle some colored sugar sprinkles on them.

Melt in Your Mouth Shortbread

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powered sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whip butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in cornstarch and flour. Beat on low one minute, then on medium for two minutes. Use melon baller to make uniform rounds and flatten slightly with an offset spatula dipped in sugar. Or drop by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Watch that edges don't get too brown.

**I didn't use a melon baller. I just used my small scoop.
**I flattened mine with a fork. Then sprinkled with colored sugar before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment