Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bacon & Cheese Chicken

I am a member of a cross stitching board. The topics are not just cross stitching. Sometimes I can't believe what people will say on the internet. A lot of the conversations I just back out of. I don't do much talking on the board, just sit back and watch the drama. There is so much arguing you would think the folks there weren't adults. But mixed in with all the topics will often be a recipe. Someone requesting help with ingredients. Or asking for a specific long lost recipe. Or even just posting one they have tried and enjoyed. I have gotten several recipe from the board over the years. This recipe comes from crockpot365.blogspot.com. It was mentioned by a couple of the ladies on the board. All who had tried it liked it, so I was willing to give it a try.

Bacon & Cheese Chicken

2 Tbsp olive oil
4 to 6 chicken breast halves
12 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Put the oil in the bottom of the crock pot and spread around. Put the chicken in the crock. In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki and ranch. Pour sauce over top of chicken. Add the cheese and bacon to the crock. Try to get some between the chicken pieces. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or on high 3 to 4 hours. Time depends on low thick your pieces are and if fresh or frozen.

**I used mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar.
**I cooked mine on low for 7 hours. My chicken was partially frozen when I started cooking.
**Corey said it tasted a little too salty. I didn't think so, I thought it was fine. He pushed the bacon off and said that helped the saltiness. So I guess next time I will use a few less slices of bacon.
**Next time I think I will also leave the cheese off until about the last hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment