Monday, May 2, 2011

Sloppy Joes

Corey requested sloppy Joes for supper last week. I usually use canned sauce but decided to find an easy recipe. I found the recipe I used on foodnetwork.com. It had all good reviews, so decided this would be the recipe I try. However, I did make one change. Corey wanted green peppers in it, and a piece of Swiss cheese. He says it is enjoyable but seems to be missing something. I have to agree with him. I'm thinking it needs a tad more brown sugar. Next time I will try that.

Sloppy Joes

Brown 1 pound ground beef in a large skillet with olive oil. Add one chopped onion, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp smoked paprika and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Cook one minute. Stir in 1 cup ketchup, 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, and 1/2 cup water, simmer until thick, about 15 minutes.

**I thought that even after the 15 minutes it was a little runny. Next time I won't add all the water that it calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment