Friday, May 6, 2011

Cleaning out the freezer

This week you won't see any new recipes from me, at least I don't think so. You never know, I might change my mind. This week is clean out the freezer week. There are only two people in my household, Corey and me. It seems like most recipes make twice as much as we use. I purchased a Food Saver a few years ago. I get lots of use out of it. My freezer is full of vacuum sealed meals and bags of vegetables.

Every so often, mostly when I don't want to go to the grocery, I will heat and serve meals from the freezer. To make it easier on myself, anything that only Corey likes I seal in serving sized portions. Then he can just plate, reheat and eat. He doesn't have to worry about resealing the package or finding a bowl and lid, just toss the bag away.

So in the freezer I have White Chili, Chicken Noodle Soup, Macaroni and Cheese, Mojito Chicken, Penne with meatballs, half of a Spinach Roll, Chicken Gumbo, Spinach Fettucini, Tortilla Soup, little Java Roast, Tuscan Chicken and some Reuben Casserole. I should be able to stretch it into more then a week. Depends on how hungry Corey is on the weekends.

He requested less red meat and more chicken. I did that. Now he is requesting more fish. So I have been looking at salmon recipes. So hopefully after the freezer is cleaned out I will be sharing some salmon recipes that I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment