Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chipotle Chicken

Another one found on the internet. I have never used chipotles. I was a little nervous that they would be too hot. I cleaned my whole bag of chicken yesterday when prepping dinner. I made the marinade after I got yesterdays dinner started. So the chicken marinated approximately 24 hours. It was really good. Of course I don't follow instructions well. I didn't pat off the extra marinade, just threw them on my Foreman with whatever held on to the chicken.

Chipotle Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
2 whole black peppercorns
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 small onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
4 small tomatoes
3 chipotle in adobo chilies
1 tsp honey

Rinse and pat dry meat. Trim off fat. Cut a few slits in one side. Put all remaining ingredients into a blender and puree. Pour over meat, turn to coat. Marinate in fridge overnight. Bring to room temperature about 1 hour. Wipe excess marinade and pat dry. Grill until done.

**I cut my slits pretty deep, but not going all the way through. I turned a few times through the day. I would use my fork and push a little marinade into the slits.

No comments:

Post a Comment