Monday, May 23, 2011

Beer Marinated Flank Steak

I found this recipe at http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/. I let mine marinate about nine hours. It was really good. I don't do beer so looked online for a substitution. I used 12 ounces of beef broth in place of the beer.

Beer Marinated Flank Steak

2 (1 1/3 Lb) flank steak
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
about 6 thinly sliced green onions
1 (12 oz) bottle dark beer
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
pepper

Lightly score both sides of meat with criss cross pattern. Place in 9x13x2 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle both sides with oregano, cumin, pepper and generous amount of salt. Drizzle both sides with olive oil. Rub oil and spices into meat. Add onions, beer and Worcestershire sauce, turn several times to coat both sides. Cover and chill at least three hours, turning occasionally. Can make a day ahead and keep chilled. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Rest 5 minutes before cutting.

**I did not use flank steaks. I just used some small steaks that were on sale at my grocery.
**Since I am not supposed to have salt, I didn't use a generous amount.
**As I said before I don't do beer so used beef broth instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment