Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cow Patties

Growing up in the country a cow patty was something totally different. But when I saw this recipe I knew I would give it a try. I had everything on hand, so whipped em up this afternoon. This recipe is super quick and easy. It is basically like a no bake chocolate cookie with peanut butter. You can definitely taste the peanut butter, but just a hint, not overpowering.

Cow Patties

2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups rolled oats

Bring first four ingredients to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until mixed and oats are coated. Quickly spread on either wax paper or greased cookie sheet. Allow to cool. Cut into squares.

**I added the peanut butter first and stirred it until it melted, then added the oats.
**I didn't cut them, just broke them up. Kind of gives em a real cow patty look, I have never seen a square cow patty.

No comments:

Post a Comment