Thursday, May 26, 2011

Adobo Peach BBQ Chicken

I found this recipe at http://picky-palate.com/. Another super easy one. Marinate for a few hours then grill. I loved the flavor of the marinade. I let my chicken marinate in the sauce for about four hours. I buy my chicken breasts in a large bag. So I just cut a couple into strips for this recipe. I had saved the adobo sauce from a couple nights ago when I made chipotle chicken. Next time I will make the two within a couple days of each other and do the same thing, peppers for one recipe and sauce for the other. This is for sure a make again recipe.

Adobo Peach BBQ Chicken

18 chicken tenders
1 1/4 cups peach preserves
1/4 cup adobo sauce (canned chipotle sauce)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3/4 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced

Put all into zip top bag and marinate at least one hour. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side.

**I always marinate my stuff in a bowl large enough to hold everything, and with a lid. That way I don't have to worry about leaks.
**The place I shop doesn't carry peach preserves so I used apricot preserves.
**Since I am not supposed to have salt I just used a little pinch.
**Once the meat was removed from the marinade, I poured the marinade into a small saucepan and boiled it a couple minutes. I spooned a little over the top of the meat once it was on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment