Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Coca Cola Chicken and Sauce

This is another recipe I found online. It is very simple. A basic bread and frying of the chicken. This recipe also includes the sauce. Corey said he could taste the soda and it was a little sweet. I also didn't have the plain BBQ, I had honey BBQ so cut back on the amount a little. I guess he was tasting some sweetness from that also. I couldn't taste the soda, but could taste the spice from the fajita seasoning. It wasn't a bad meal. This is a recipe for a bigger family. I have a whole bowl of the sauce left. I didn't use two pounds of chicken, I only used two pieces. Next time I will be sure to have the right BBQ sauce and cut the recipe down. Another thing is I will not cut the breasts into chunks. I think then it won't seem like so much breading.

Coca Cola Chicken and Sauce

2 Lbs chicken breasts
4 cups Coke
1 1/2 cups corn muffin mix. (one 8.5 ounce box)
3/4 cup cornstarch
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce, original flavor
1 packet Old El Paso fajitas seasoning
6 oz cream cheese

Cut chicken into small chunks. Marinate in 2 cups of Coke for 20 to 30 minutes. Set aside.

For Sauce, in medium pan, over medium heat, put cream cheese, 2 cups Coke, BBQ sauce and fajita seasoning. Stir to combine. Pour into blender, or use hand mixer to remove any lumps of cream cheese.

In small bowl beat eggs slightly. In another bowl mix muffin mix and cornstarch. Dip chicken in eggs, then into muffin mix. Deep fry at 350 to 375 degrees until golden brown. Serve with the dipping sauce.

**Remember this does make a lot of sauce.
**I had lots of muffin mix left also. Next time I may make half of it into the muffins to go with the meal.
**I served some homemade fries with mine. I used the sauce to dip my fries in also. It was pretty good on the fries too.
**It didn't say how long to cook the sauce so I cooked mine to a boil. Then let it cool down some before I blended the lumps out.

No comments:

Post a Comment