Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lasagna

All my nephews talked about how good my sister's lasagna is. I was always just buying the box ones since I didn't care for them. Corey talked me in to trying to make one myself. So, I asked my sister for the recipe that she uses. It is really simple, and delicious. Yes I have started eating lasagna. I'm not a big pasta eater. I don't like cottage cheese. But somehow it all works together to make a wonderful meal. Thanks Tami for the recipe.

Lasagna

9 cooked lasagna noodles
a large jar of spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 Lb hamburger
onion
Italian seasoning, to taste
a large tub of small curd cottage cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup parsley flakes
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown hamburger with onion and Italian seasoning. Drain well. Stir spaghetti sauce into meat. Mix cottage cheese with eggs and parsley in separate bowl. In a 9x 13 pan put 1/3 of the meat mixture. Then three noodles. Then 1/2 the cottage cheese mix. Followed by 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Then meat, noodles, cottage cheese mix, then mozzarella cheese. Then remaining meat and noodles. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Bake for one hour. Rest for thirty minutes before serving.

**I leave gaps in the noodles when I layer them. Sometimes I use a couple more then called for and break them in half to fill in the ends.
**Yes mine is a little well done. Corey likes everything well done. It gives a nice crunch to the top layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment