Thursday, August 25, 2011

Salmon Spirals with Cucumber Sauce


This is another recipe from tasteofhome.com. It is super simple. I did make a couple changes. I don't buy the whole fillet, I buy salmon cut into small portions. So I didn't roll it to make the spiral, I just marinated it. I also didn't use fresh dill sprigs, so I cut the amount down and used dried dill. Corey said it is wonderful. He really liked the cucumber dressing.

Salmon Spirals with Cucumber Dressing

1 salmon fillet (1Lb)
8 fresh dill sprigs
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard

Remove skin and cut lengthwise into four strips. Place 2 dill sprigs on each strip, roll up. Thread onto four skewers, metal or soaked wooden. In large resealable bag, combine juice, oil and mustard, add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Using long handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce.

Cucumber Sauce

8 oz fat free plain yogurt
1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
2 Tbsp finely chopped, seeded, peeled cucumber
2 Tbsp snipped fresh dill
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Combine all, mix well, serve with salmon.

**I used dry dill so cut the amount in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment