Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake


I found this recipe at dozenflours.com. It sounded like something I would like so I decided to give it a try. It turned out really good. The only thing I would do different would be I would swirl the cinnamon/sugar through the batter. Next time I will put in some batter, then some cinnamon/sugar, then swirl. Then repeat.

Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake

2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup full fat sour cream, room temperature

In small bowl mix 1 cup white sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Mix well and set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray, be sure to spray center tube. Gently dust with the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Coat evenly including the center tube. Save this mixture, set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. Beat butter on medium speed for one minute. Add white sugar and mix three minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl and blades, add brown sugar. Mix for two minutes, until uniform brown color. Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each. Stir in vanilla. Alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream, beat well. Put half the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Spread the rest of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting over wire rack to cool completely.

**I don't have a wire rack. I turn it out onto my cake holder.
**When turning, any cinnamon/sugar mixture that didn't absorb (not sure what else to call it) into the cake top will fall. Not thinking about the loose mixture when I turned, my kitchen floor now has cinnamon and sugar in front of the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment