Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chipotle Teriyaki Pork Chops

This recipe comes from tasteofhome.com. The ingredient list seems HUGE. A lot more then I would usually want to use in one recipe. However, since most were things I have in my spice cabinet, I decided to give it a try. I would say this is a two part process. There is a basting sauce and a rub. It has a unique flavor. But a great flavor. I think it would be awesome on a steak also. I served it with mixed vegetables, but I think a big buttery baked potato would go nicely too.

Chipotle Teriyaki Pork Chops

basting sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp grated onion
1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 chipotle pepper in adobo, drained
1 clover garlic, peeled
1/8 tsp ground ginger

rub
2 Tbsp ground ancho pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin

4 boneless pork loins, about 8 oz
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

For the sauce combine ingredients into a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. For the rub combine the ingredients, then gently rub over both sides of the meat. Grill, covered over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until 160 degrees, basting occasionally with 1/3 cup of the sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese and grill 2 to 3 more minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.

**I didn't serve with the remaining sauce. I think it had plenty of flavor. You may want to take a couple bites before you dip it into the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment