Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shredded Beef Sandwiches

This is another recipe from groceryshrink.com. Very simple crock pot recipe. I served them with a broccoli cauliflower blend. But would be great with fries or onion rings. My first thought was onion rings but I made them already this week, so went with the veges. Corey said it was good. I think it was good, but missing something. I guess I was expecting a little more flavor from the spices. I think next time I will add a little more of all the spices.

Shredded Beef Sandwiches

1 beef roast, any will do, it will tenderize as it cooks
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Place roast in a greased slow cooker. Pour vinegar over top. Sprinkle with spices and top with onion. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours. Tougher cuts will need longer to cook. Shred beef with two forks. Serve on buns with cheese and pickles. Add sliced tomatoes or grilled mushrooms if desired.

**I just sprayed my cooked with some cooking spray.
**I put a little shredded mozzarella on top, as that was what I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment