Monday, August 8, 2011

Mexican Lasagna


Tonight for dinner I made Mexican Lasagna. I found the recipe online, are you surprised. It was pretty good. Corey said he like it. Of course there are things I would do differently. First, I would brown the meat with some onions and drain the excess grease. I found following the recipe as written there was too much grease on bottom. Next, in my opinion, there was too much bean flavor. I would cut down on the beans, maybe half as much. Two cups sour cream seemed like a lot to me, so I did cut that amount down. I just put a few random dollops then spread it out. I used the Monterey Jack that is called for, but would be good with your favorite taco blend cheese. The recipe calls for uncooked lasagna noodles, I used the no cook style noodles. OK, so now as I am writing this, I am thinking I could just do this like my taco casserole, but use the noodles instead of chips. http://gillwhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2010/08/taco-casserole-burrito-bake.html, here is where you will find the taco casserole.

Mexican Lasagna

1 Lb hamburger
16 oz can refried beans
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups salsa
2 cups sour cream
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
scallions

Mix raw hamburger, beans and spices. Place four noodles in lasagna pan. Add 1/2 the meat mixture. Add four more noodles. Add remaining meat mixture. Add last four noodles. Mix water and salsa together and pour over top. Seal pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Spread sour cream and scallions on top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 to 10 more minutes, until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment