Saturday, February 4, 2012

Waffles


It's been a while since I have posted anything. Things have been a little crazy around here. Hopefully things will get better soon and I can get back to trying new recipes. Anyway, I have been participating in a program called Swagbucks**. I earn the points and redeem them for Amazon gift cards. I finally saved up enough to replace my George Foreman grill. I got the one with the waffle plates. The first morning I just used some pancake batter from the day before to make Corey a waffle. He said it was alright but I should look at other recipes.

So of course I searched online for waffle recipes. I just needed the basic recipe. I figure I can add stuff to it if I could just find a good base. I found a pretty simple recipe that called for ingredients that I already had on hand. The following day he loved the waffles.

Waffle batter

1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 beaten egg yolks
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites beaten stiffly

Mix all the dry ingredients. Combine yolks and milk. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in oil and mix. Gently fold in beaten egg whites, do not over mix.

**This recipe made enough batter to last me all week. I just store it in a bowl with a lid in the fridge and stir before each use.

**If you have never heard of Swagbucks and would like any information, I would be glad to help, goldengirl971@yahoo.com. If you are interested in sighing up and would like to use my referral link, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MDGILL5671

No comments:

Post a Comment