Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pan Fried Salmon with Beurre Rouge

As I mentioned in a previous post I earn points on Swagbucks. I earn most my points by watching videos. The videos are short clips, usually only a couple minutes long. I watch the ones in the food category. The title of the video caught my eye, Pan Fried Salmon with Beurre Rouge. It sounds like a fancy French meal.

I went to the website that the clip came from to look up the recipe. It seemed pretty easy with few ingredients, so I was willing to give it a try. Corey really likes fish but just frying it with a shot of lemon juice has to be getting boring for him. This recipe was not just another piece of boring fish. I didn't use salmon, I just used some Tilapia and cheap red wine. Corey loved it, he said I needed to say it tastes exquisite. He wants it again but with salmon and a better wine. This would be a nice recipe for a quiet dinner for two.

Pan Fried Salmon with Beurre Rouge

1 Tbsp shallots
4 Tbsp red wine
8 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
salt (to taste)
white or black pepper (to taste)
lemon juice (optional)

Mince the shallots. Measure out the wine and cut the butter into tablespoon sized pieces, set aside. Place a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce the liquid by about two thirds until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Turn heat to the lowest setting and whisk in butter one piece at a time to slowly form the emulsion. Once all the butter has been incorporated season with salt and pepper. You may want to add a few drops of lemon juice to brighten the flavor, if needed. Monitor the sauce while you cook the fish. Keep the sauce warm to the touch and whisk often to keep from splitting. You may need to turn the heat off and on to keep at the correct temperature.

**This recipe comes from rouxbe.com.
**Beurre Rouge means red butter.
**For a Beurre Blanc use white wine instead of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment