Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gelatin flavored Cookies

I have tried a recipe before using a bagged cookie mix, adding cherry gelatin and chocolate chips to make chocolate covered cherry cookies. So I was thinking, I could used pretty much whatever flavor gelatin I wanted to make a flavored cookie.

I got several bags of cookie mix a few months ago on sale and on a triple coupon week. I used the oatmeal and chocolate chip bags, but still had a couple bags of sugar cookies in the pantry. I knew I had a couple boxes of gelatin in the cabinet but couldn't remember what flavors. The first box was strawberry banana. I turned the sugar cookies into strawberry banana cookies, and they tasted pretty good.

Fast forward a few days. My Foreman grill arrived and in the recipe booklet it gave instructions for cookies. Of course I had to give it a try. Back to the pantry for that last bag of sugar cookie mix. Open the cabinet to see if there was any more gelatin pushed behind my baking ingredients. One small box of raspberry gelatin, just what I needed.

I turned on the grill and started making the batter. Instead of small cookies, I make a big cookie and cut it. So I was thinking I would do the same thing with the grill. I gently sprayed the baking plate and the upper plate. Poured in the batter and waited. It didn't turn out pretty, guess I didn't get quite enough spray on the upper plate. But it tasted good.

It did overflow a little but not too bad. Since it could only be spread to the sides of the pan and not as flat as I usually spread it was a little thicker then normal. It looked like a little cake but I knew it was a cookie so we were calling it a cakie, cake plus cookie.

Gelatin flavored cookies

1 bag Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1 small package sugar free gelatin (you pick the flavor)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Drop on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 8 to 10 minutes.

**On the Foreman, mix ingredients. Drop in heated baking plate of grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes on medium.
**If you want a big style cookie, separate into two portions. Spread first half in baking plate. Remove and repeat with second half.


**Warning**The following picture isn't pretty (but it was tasty).

No comments:

Post a Comment