Monday, February 13, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

I'm sure by now pretty much everyone knows about Pinterest.com so I won't bore you with the details of it. When I first started hearing people talk about it I just ignored it, thinking it wouldn't be something I would be interested in. When I did decide to check it out I thought it looked like a mess. But then one day I came to my blog and checked my weekly stats. There it was Pinterest.com. My curiosity got the best of me and I clicked it to see why it was on my stats. Someone had "pinned" one of my photos to their board. Then I noticed it had been "repinned" by someone else.

So now I was a little more interested. I guess it was starting to click with me, pin something that catches my eye, someone sees it and repins, and so on. I could look for recipes by seeing photos of the finished item. Although it seemed a mess it was an fairly organized mess. I could search food and see a variety for foods without trying to do random keyword/ingredient searches.

I don't go there everyday but I do check it out a couple times a week. While scrolling through the food pages I found a few that seemed like things Corey and I would like. This recipe is one of them. It comes from RachaelRaymag.com.

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Preheat over to 400 degrees. In a shallow dish, combine cheese with paprika and parsley, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture. Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake until fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.

**I'm not a fish eater so this meal was for Corey. He hated it and told me to never make it again. He said the Parmesan didn't go well with the fish. All the other comments I saw said it was good. So I guess it's one of those thing either you love it or hate it. If you make it I hope you enjoy it more then Corey did.

No comments:

Post a Comment