Saturday, March 24, 2012

Homemade Sherbet

Once again I was browsing Pinterest. A photo of orange flavored sherbet was on the page. Under the photo is said homemade, so of course I had to click. The recipe was from mydailymoment.com. Although it was for orange flavored, I thought maybe some other flavors would be good. There are only three ingredients. It is very easy to prepare. The most time consuming thing is the wait while it is freezing.

The flavor was great, I used tropical punch. Corey enjoyed it also. It was a little sweet, but I think it was because of the flavor I used. Since we are not milk drinkers and I only buy it when I need it for a recipe, this will be a great use of the extra. Now I need to find some Kool-Aid coupons so I can restock and have different flavors for next time.

Orange Flavored Sherbet

1 cup sugar
1 (.13 oz) envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix
3 cups milk

In a bowl, stir all ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a shallow freezer container, cover and freeze one hour or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a mixing bowl, beat until smooth. Return to freezer container, cover and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.

**I used a .16 ounce packet of Tropical Punch flavored Kool-Aid.
**I mixed, froze and beat all in the same bowl.
**You definitely want to take it out about 20 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment