Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homemade Butterfingers

I'm still telling myself that I am not addicted to pinterest.com. However I find myself browsing the food photos daily. This is one I found while browsing. It comes from chef-in-training.com. Who knew three little ingredients would make something so tasty. They are good. Corey said he likes them. That the texture of the insides isn't quite like a Butterfinger, but still really good.

Homemade Butterfingers

1 Lb candy corn
16 oz jar peanut butter
16 oz chocolate candy coating

Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15 second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

**I halved the recipe so 8 ounces of everything.
**I used milk chocolate instead of chocolate candy coating.
**I put mine in the fridge to harden, DON'T. Just let them set on the counter. Mine were too hard so not cutting very easily. So mine are Butterfinger chunks.
**Using milk chocolate doesn't set up as well as candy coating, so next time I will use the candy coating type of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment