Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Double Banana Bread

I had some bananas that started going bad. Around here that doesn't happen often. Usually bananas are gone within two days of entering the apartment. I told Corey I would make banana bread with them. He was afraid they were too far gone, I told him they could use another day to make good bread. Yesterday was the day.

I don't remember where I got this recipe. I've had it a long time, just never got around to trying it. But as I said, it's hard to keep bananas long enough to over ripen them. This recipe was very good and really moist. I had to cook it a little longer then called for, it wasn't quite done at the 65 minute mark.

Double Banana Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 1/3 cups mashed over ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until moistened., Bake 60 to 65 minutes.

**Next time I am going to add some walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment